Is it possible create c3t3 mesh without changing anything in the criterion?

Is it possible create c3t3 mesh without changing anything in the criterion?

Shrabani Ghosh
Hi,

I am trying this example
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/Mesh_3_2mesh_polyhedral_domain_8cpp-example.html
Is it possible to keep the same mesh and make it in c3t3 without changing
anything in the criterion.
Means the input and output mesh will be the same mesh?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Shrabani Ghosh

Re: Is it possible create c3t3 mesh without changing anything in the criterion?

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
On Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:12:06 AM CEST Shrabani Ghosh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying this example
> https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/Mesh_3_2mesh_polyhedral_domain_8cpp-examp
> le.html Is it possible to keep the same mesh and make it in c3t3 without
> changing anything in the criterion.
> Means the input and output mesh will be the same mesh?

That example shows that one can call `CGAL::make_mesh_3` to create the c3t3,
and then change it with a call to `CGAL::refine_mesh_3`. But the second call
is completely optional. Most of the applications will never refine a mesh once
it is created. The example is just a demonstration that it is possible.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Re: Is it possible create c3t3 mesh without changing anything in the criterion?

Shrabani Ghosh
Thank you for your response. But, in the criteria the parameters change the
mesh even I don't use refine. Like in the picture. the left one is the c3t3
mesh after using the criteria. And the right is the original eight.off file.

<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/35.png>

Is that possible to make no change in the criteria?
Is it possible to ignore it?

CGAL::Mesh_criteria_3< Tr >::Mesh_criteria_3 ( Field1 parameters::edge_size
= ignored,
FT parameters::facet_angle = ignored,
Field2 parameters::facet_size = ignored,
Field3 parameters::facet_distance = ignored,
Mesh_facet_topology parameters::facet_topology =
CGAL::FACET_VERTICES_ON_SURFACE,
FT parameters::cell_radius_edge_ratio = ignored,
Field4 parameters::cell_size = ignored
)

I tried something this but it does not work.

Thank You.

Re: Is it possible create c3t3 mesh without changing anything in the criterion?

rdzhao
I see your question.

You want the boundary surface mesh of the generated c3t3 to be the same with
the input triangle mesh, right?

I guess this can be done by setting all the edges in the input mesh as
feature edges.

I'm not so sure, but only providing some sparks.

Thanks