Intersections of the segment and isosurface

Intersections of the segment and isosurface

GeomOne
Hi Guys,
In my work, I try to compute the intersections between the segment and the
isosurface of a voxel. Frequently my results are not so accurate, and I
guess the reason is the floating point roundoff. I notice the CGAL can
generate the retricted Delaunay triangulation of segmented images, and the
result is good. In the process of retricted Delaunay triangulation, the
intersections of the Voronoi edges(segments) and isosurface of voxels should
be computed. I am a fresh man of CGAL library, and didn't find the function
in the library to  compute such intersections. I sincerely hope someone to
tell me how to use CGAL library to compute the accurate intersections  of
the segment(or rays) and the isosurface(consider the floating round-off).
Thanks, and wish you all have a good day.^_^

Re: Intersections of the segment and isosurface

Shankar Kulumani
Are you using one of the exact kernels?

Maybe that is the reason for your floating point error?

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:11 AM GeomOne <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Well , thank you, Shankar^_^
In my program the computation of the intersections between the segment and
isosurface is implemented by myself. May be at last I have to re-implement
such a function based on the exact kernels, Yet I am wondering if the CGAL
library has some function or some example to show how to compute the
intersections of the segment and isosurface of voxels robustly. That will be
more perfect^_^