Intersection algorithm and complexity

Augusto Ferreira
Hi,

I’m applying for a master of computer science degree and I’m researching optimization problems. My object of study is three-dimensional packing of irregular pieces (polyhedra in this case) and one of the difficulties I’m facing is dealing with polygonal overlapping and for that, I need to calculate the intersection between two pieces.
I came across your library through PyMesh, a python-based library for geometric processing of meshes and one of the engines it uses is CGAL in fact, CGAL was the best engine that solved my problem.

Considering the fact of the library be really extensive and I barely know C/C++, I was wondering which algorithm the CGAL uses to calculate intersection and what is its complexity. If it is possible, I would like the pseudocode.

Thanks a lot,
Augusto

Re: Intersection algorithm and complexity

anh.tran
Hi Augusto,
Similar to you, I am someone who enjoy CGAL very much. I recently came
across this package that describe your problem:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html

I tried it a few times and it gave great result. The page came with some
examples.