Installing CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5

Martin Lo
Has anyone been able to install CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5? Thanks.
Martin

Re: Installing CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
[hidden email] a écrit :
> Has anyone been able to install CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5? Thanks.

Yes.

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

Re: Installing CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5

Olivier Devillers
[hidden email] a écrit :
> Has anyone been able to install CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5? Thanks.
> Martin

yes

I install using fink : boost / qt3-mac / gcc4.3.1 / gmp

then
CGAL 3.3.1 using  ./install_cgal -i

Need a little advice on Extracting Shape Primitive using CGAL...!

kumar.samay

Hello Friends,

I want to extract 3D shape primitives (e.g., cube, sphere, cylinder, curved cube/cylinder) from the object defined in .off file format. I understand, that this is not simple task, but just want to ask your favors, how to start with CGAL? I think such basic shape primitve can also be mathematically modelled using superquadrics shape.

Primitive Shape Extraction Like..

from Mushroom, extracting Hemisphere on the top of Cylinder,

from Coffee Mug, extracting curved Cylinder on the side of Cylinder,

from Bottle, extracting small Cylinder on the top of bigger Cylinder,

from Box, extracting Cuboid, end so on....

Thanks for any kind of suggestion. Have a nice day.

Greetings,
Samay

Re: Installing CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5

Martin Lo
Thank you, Olivier and Sylvain for your response. We'll try using fink
and see what happens. We had alot of trouble with installing qt.
Hopefully this will help. Thanks again.
Martin
------------
Olivier Devillers wrote:

> [hidden email] a écrit :
>> Has anyone been able to install CGAL on Mac OSX 10.5.5? Thanks.
>> Martin
>>
> yes
>

> I install using fink : boost / qt3-mac / gcc4.3.1 / gmp
>
> then
> CGAL 3.3.1 using  ./install_cgal -i

Vox: 818-354-7169
Fax: 818-393-6962
Sec: 818-354-4888 (Stephanie Chong)
JPL High Capability Computing and Modeling Group 388C

transfer polyhedra from cartesian<double> to Homogeneous<Gmpz>

Dr. J.K. Becker
Hi all,

Can I transfer a polyehdron that is based on cartesian<double> kernel to a
polyhedron based on homogeneous<Gmpz> and back? I am still having
problems with
constructions (e.g. deleting halfedges/facets) from a polyhedron if it
does not
use Gmpz as number types.
What is the best way to do that? Or has anybody successfully deleted halfedges
using doubles? Does not work for me (tends to generate antennas for unknown
reasons)...

Thanks for your help,

Jens

--
Dr. J.K. Becker
University of Tuebingen - Institute for Geoscience