How to use CGAL connected_components function to convert one surface mesh into many?

How to use CGAL connected_components function to convert one surface mesh into many?

Silberklinge
I have a function that requires a CGAL::Surface_mesh object as input and
returns a std::vector<CGAL::Surface_mesh> as output, where each element in
the output is a connected component of the input. I am aware that there are
functions for calculating connected components in CGAL, but these just
mutate the existing mesh object in some way by removing/labeling the
relevant faces. I need to construct a new CGAL::Surface_mesh object for each
connected component in the input CGAL::Surface_mesh object. How do I
accomplish that?

Re: How to use CGAL connected_components function to convert one surface mesh into many?

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
SO cross-post (already answered):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54609105/cgal-how-to-use-cgalpolygon-mesh-processingconnected-components-to-convert

Sebastien.

On 02/11/2019 10:33 AM, Silberklinge wrote:

> I have a function that requires a CGAL::Surface_mesh object as input and
> returns a std::vector<CGAL::Surface_mesh> as output, where each element in
> the output is a connected component of the input. I am aware that there are
> functions for calculating connected components in CGAL, but these just
> mutate the existing mesh object in some way by removing/labeling the
> relevant faces. I need to construct a new CGAL::Surface_mesh object for each
> connected component in the input CGAL::Surface_mesh object. How do I
> accomplish that?

Re: How to use CGAL connected_components function to convert one surface mesh into many?

Silberklinge
Whoops! Looks like my SO post was answered about half an hour before I posted
here. Thanks!