How to return new points and new faces when cut a mesh with plane using clip?

How to return new points and new faces when cut a mesh with plane using clip?

xiaojin
I have known that I can cut a closed mesh with plane using clip function as
follow:

Polygon_mesh_processing/internal/clip.h
template <class TriangleMesh, class Plane_3>
void clip(TriangleMesh& tm, const Plane_3& plane, bool close);

And I can get a return closed mesh, but I also want to get the new faces and
new points added by clip function, How can I do that?