How to convert from stl format to off forma and vice versa?

How to convert from stl format to off forma and vice versa?

sergio
This post was updated on .
My application only use STL files, How to convert from stl to off format and vice versa?

Re: How to convert from stl to off and off to stl?

Sukhraj Singh
Easiest way is to use Meshlab. It allows conversation between various formats. Open any stl mesh, and go to export as off.
Possibly polyhedron demo could also do that. Haven't tried. There are examples of mesh io in cgal as well. You could use that may be. Having said so I personally use both meshlab for this purpose.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 9:07 PM sergio <[hidden email]> wrote:
My application only use STL files, How to convert from stl to off and off to
stl?

Re: How to convert from stl to off and off to stl?

Shankar Kulumani
Another approach is to write your own functions to write the data to text files. Both formats are relatively simple.

Here's another good library that offers a somewhat easier method to deal with these objects as well. As a bonus it's also built on top of CGAL

I'm using both for some of my research.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:01 PM Sukhraj Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Easiest way is to use Meshlab. It allows conversation between various formats. Open any stl mesh, and go to export as off.
Possibly polyhedron demo could also do that. Haven't tried. There are examples of mesh io in cgal as well. You could use that may be. Having said so I personally use both meshlab for this purpose.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 9:07 PM sergio <[hidden email]> wrote:
My application only use STL files, How to convert from stl to off and off to
stl?

Re: How to convert from stl to off and off to stl?

Bruno Levy

These formats in geogram:

http://alice.loria.fr/software/geogram/doc/html/index.html

The bundled 'vorpalite' command line utility can be used to convert between file formats:

vorpalite profile=convert input.stl output.off

-- B

On 06/06/2018 08:00 PM, Sukhraj Singh wrote:
Easiest way is to use Meshlab. It allows conversation between various formats. Open any stl mesh, and go to export as off.
Possibly polyhedron demo could also do that. Haven't tried. There are examples of mesh io in cgal as well. You could use that may be. Having said so I personally use both meshlab for this purpose.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 9:07 PM sergio <[hidden email]> wrote:
My application only use STL files, How to convert from stl to off and off to
stl?

Re: How to convert from stl format to off forma and vice versa?

sergio
I found in the following discussion that exist CGAL implementations for stl
files:

http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/Support-for-stl-files-tp4663235.html

#include <CGAL/IO/STL_reader.h>
#include <CGAL/IO/STL_writer.h>