How is the source code transformed into the tar.xz package?

How is the source code transformed into the tar.xz package?

John Harvey
Hello,

Is there any documentation that explains how the .tar.xz file for releases is created from the corresponding source code?  I noticed that the packaging structure is quite different, so I was curious as to how it is put together.

Thanks!
  -John Harvey

Re: How is the source code transformed into the tar.xz package?

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Basically, all the directories that are at the root of the repository
are merged and the directory test is removed.

We use the script create_new_release for doing it.
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/wiki/Scripts#create_new_release

Sebastien.