How can I creat a unit sphere consisting of regular triangles

How can I creat a unit sphere consisting of regular triangles

Kwangtaek Kim
[cgal-discuss]How can I creat a unit sphere consisting of regular triangles

Hello all,

Could you let me know how I can create a unit sphere (radius 1) which is composed of regular triangles (same size of triangles)? I want to use the vertices of the unit sphere for my study. Thank you in advance.

Samuel

Re: How can I creat a unit sphere consisting of regular triangles

Daniel Duque Campayo
Hi,

> Could you let me know how I can create a unit sphere (radius 1) which is
> composed of regular triangles (same size of triangles)?

I don't think you can do that for any number of triangles, just 4 and, if I
remeber correctyl, 12. Check some geometry book on polyhedra (or wikipedia,
mathworld, etc.)

Best,

Daniel

--