How I can convert .mesh format to .obj format in 3D mesh generation

How I can convert .mesh format to .obj format in 3D mesh generation

Davic
Hello everyone!

I am a new CGAl user. I use 3D mesh generation to get a .mesh format. But I
want .obj format.

Can you tall me how  I can do? Or what kind of software do I need?

Best regards.

Re: How I can convert .mesh format to .obj format in 3D mesh generation

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
AFAIK obj files can only store polygon meshes and not tetrahedral
meshes. Are you only interested to get the boundary surfaces?

If yes then the function CGAL::facets_in_complex_3_to_triangle_mesh()
will create an OFF file containing what you want.
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/group__PkgMesh__3Functions.html#ga68ca38989087644fb6b893eb566be9ea

You can either copy and adapt that function to write an OBJ or
use another code converting OFF to OBJ.

Sebastien.