Get the texture coordinates after intersection--nef_polyhedron

Get the texture coordinates after intersection--nef_polyhedron

servicebbs
Hi all
  I am using "3D boolean operations on nef polyhedra".I have a model with Vertexs,Indexs and Texture coordinates. I intersect the model and a sphere, and I could have some Vertexs and Indexs as result by using "Nef_Polyhedron".
  The problem is how can i get the Texture coordinates after the intersection on the model.

My English is not good
Thanks very much!

Re: Get the texture coordinates after intersection--nef_polyhedron

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
servicebbs wrote:
> Hi all
>   I am using "3D boolean operations on nef polyhedra".I have a model with
> Vertexs,Indexs and Texture coordinates. I intersect the model and a sphere,
> and I could have some Vertexs and Indexs as result by using
> "Nef_Polyhedron".
>   The problem is how can i get the Texture coordinates after the
The texture is something you added yourself to the vertices, there is no
way Nef_polyhedron can guess how to set it automatically for new
vertices.

However, you could add a default value when the texture is not set, that
way you can detect vertices created by the intersection. Then you can
set the texture coordinates by hand to those vertices.

Sebastien.

Thanks for you reply.
I understand what you mean and I try it

Re: Get the texture coordinates after intersection--nef_polyhedron

servicebbs
it works,thanks a lot!

Re: Get the texture coordinates after intersection--nef_polyhedron

Environment
Hi Sebastien´╝Ü
i find your reply there and i meet the same question as this. i wonder if
there is any way that i can get the intersection of two mesh M1 and M2,
among which M1 is sef-intersection an not closed, M2 is a simple mesh.
i have tried many ways. as servicebbs metioned, i use "3D boolean operations
on nef polyhedra" but  the mesh have to be closed. then i use the
"Polygon_mesh_processing" to do the clip, but the mesh cannot be
self-intersection. so i want to know if there is any way in cgal that can
deal with the mesh that is unclosed and sef-intersection when wie do the
intersection.
thank you very much!