GMP link problems

Klocska
Hi guys.

I found an almost similar topic about 64 bit version issue but I didn't find a proper solution there.
We're going to try the libigl boolean functionality an it uses s number of CGAL modules. So we need to have CGAL as well.
So during my building process I got a list of "unresolved external" errors that are connected with the GMP linratry. Of course I'd pointed additional lib directories and even additional dependencies  libgmp-10.lib and libmpfr-4.lib but nothing helped.
I've got a Win7 system, VS2012 32 bit. I installed the 32 bit CGAL by installer and built it via cmake and my compiler The only issue I found in comparison with help topic is I couldn't wind 32/64 bit selector but I believe the 32 bit version has been selected during the installation process. These lib files are presented in the corespondent folder so visually
If i comment the #define CGAL_USE_GMP 1 in the compiler_config.h the link is OK but I suppose it can affect the computational results.
Could you make a couple of hints? How can I build my CGAL modules with gmp and How will the library work affected in case when gmp is disabled?

Best refards.

Re: GMP link problems

Klocska
Hi.

I've found a root cause. I didn't noticed the fact that my configuration sudennly had been switched to DEBUG from RELEASE one and I just changes release settings.

But anyway I found that this is not only my questiion so I'd like to place some references here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33982675/compiling-error-using-cgal-and-gmp - you need to point as library path so the lib name in coresspondent fields (these are) Linker->General->Additional Library Directories and Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20597873/cgal-unresolved-externals-when-compiling-linking-on-windows - you can create your project using cmake with a cgal_create_cmake_script (you can find it in your CGAL/scripts folder it has to be run via any BASH). To be honest I haven't finished this way.

Also I found the next 64bit discussion on this forum
http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-gmp-linking-with-64-bit-Windows-7-amp-Visual-Studio-2010-and-CGAL-4-0-2-td4655794.html

Also for the "cannot open lib name" case I found the next solution
https://codeyarns.com/2011/05/20/cgal-gmp-and-mpfr-linker-errors/