From "Shared library" to executable files

Godjenka
Hi,

I have tried to install CGAL for a long time and I have built certain
examples and demos. However, I got "shared library" files instead of
executable files. I would like to know how to configure my compiler (in
Ubuntu) such that it produces executables. I got to know about the option
"no-pie" but I don't know how to apply it in the case of CGAL.