Fill hole of a horseshoe shaped mesh (concave)

Fill hole of a horseshoe shaped mesh (concave)

aseverino
When I try to triangulate a hole that follows a concave curve, it ignores the
shape of the border edges and create a circular convex-hull-like patch.

How can I be more restrictive as how the hole filling should work?

I know all the vertices and edges - in the correct order - involved in the
triangulation, but if I use triangulate_hole_polyline it generates a whole
new mesh and I don't want that.

Re: Fill hole of a horseshoe shaped mesh (concave)

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Could you share the model?

Sebastien.

On 12/10/2018 10:21 PM, aseverino wrote:

> When I try to triangulate a hole that follows a concave curve, it ignores the
> shape of the border edges and create a circular convex-hull-like patch.
>
> How can I be more restrictive as how the hole filling should work?
>
> I know all the vertices and edges - in the correct order - involved in the
> triangulation, but if I use triangulate_hole_polyline it generates a whole
> new mesh and I don't want that.

Re: Fill hole of a horseshoe shaped mesh (concave)

aseverino
I got it working, thanks.

I would like to suggest that the developers add a variation of
triangulate_hole_polyline that uses the vertices instead of the points, so
you can close a hole on a mesh by explicitly telling the vertices and the
order the edges should be formed.

Re: Fill hole of a horseshoe shaped mesh (concave)

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
I don't understand what you mean. If you have a hole in a mesh
how can the order of the vertices be different from the order along
the cycle of border halfedges?

I might be missing something. Could you give more details?