Exception on Point_3 comparison

Ashwin Nanjappa
Hi,

I get a CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception first-chance exception in
Visual C++ whenever I compare two Point_3 points using the ==
operator. The Point_3 is of kernel type
CGAL::Exact_predicates_exact_constructions_kernel.

Is this the right and safe way to compare 2 CGAL objects? If not, what
do you suggest?

TIA,
~ash

Re: Exception on Point_3 comparison

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Ashwin Nanjappa a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I get a CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception first-chance exception in
> Visual C++ whenever I compare two Point_3 points using the ==
> operator. The Point_3 is of kernel type
> CGAL::Exact_predicates_exact_constructions_kernel.
>
> Is this the right and safe way to compare 2 CGAL objects? If not, what
> do you suggest?

See the FAQ :
http://www.cgal.org/FAQ.html#uncertain_exception

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

Re: Exception on Point_3 comparison

Ashwin Nanjappa
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 15:17, Sylvain Pion
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> See the FAQ :
> http://www.cgal.org/FAQ.html#uncertain_exception

Thanks. I should've checked the FAQ before mailing the list. Won't
happen again! :-)

Regards,
~ash