Error when compiling with LEDA

Iordan Iordanov
Hello everyone,

I have a problem when I'm trying to compile CGAL with LEDA.
The library and the header files are detected correctly at configuration
time, but when I try to build CGAL I get the error:

[...]/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4: error: "This compiler does not have a working STL"

#  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"

   ^

I have tried some solutions that I found online (such as deleting
CMakeCache.txt and retrying) but it's still giving me the same error.

The compiler I am using is clang-700.1.81 on a MacOS X Yosemite (10.10.5).

Thank you for your time,
--
Iordan Iordanov
PhD Candidate, Team GAMBLE

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Hi Iordan,

Here is the command line I use when I want to compile CGAL without
GMP and using LEDA as replacement. If you want to keep GMP, simply
remove the first -D.

cmake -DCGAL_DISABLE_GMP=ON -DWITH_LEDA=ON \
      -DLEDA_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/sloriot/leda-libnumbers/incl \
      -DLEDA_LIBRARIES=/home/sloriot/leda-libnumbers/libleda_numbers.so \
      -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../..

Did you try something similar?

Sebastien.

On 02/24/2017 12:03 PM, Iordan Iordanov wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem when I'm trying to compile CGAL with LEDA.
> The library and the header files are detected correctly at configuration
> time, but when I try to build CGAL I get the error:
> *
> *
> *[...]/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4: **error: **"This
> compiler does not have a working STL"*
>
> #  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"
>
> *   ^*
>

> I have tried some solutions that I found online (such as deleting
> CMakeCache.txt and retrying) but it's still giving me the same error.
>
> The compiler I am using is clang-700.1.81 on a MacOS X Yosemite (10.10.5).
>
> Thank you for your time,
> --
> Iordan Iordanov
> PhD Candidate, Team GAMBLE
> https://members.loria.fr/iordan.iordanov

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Iordan Iordanov
Hi Sebastien,

I am actually using ccmake for the configuration step, but this is
what I do, yes. I had not tried disabling GMP; I did it now, but there
is no difference in the output, it still fails.
It will perhaps be useful to give you the trace for the first error:

>> make
Scanning dependencies of target CGAL
[  4%] Building CXX object Installation/src/CGAL/CMakeFiles/CGAL.dir/all_files.cpp.o
In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/builds/cgal-leda/Installation/src/CGAL/all_files.cpp:1:
In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/src/CGAL/Geomview_stream.cpp:27:
In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/include/CGAL/IO/Geomview_stream.h:28:
In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Kernel_23/include/CGAL/basic.h:29:
/Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4: error: "This compiler does not have a working STL"
#  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"
   ^

Is it possible that the error has to do with Geomview? Or is it
even deeper, in the Kernel_23?

In the attached file you can find the output of the command
>> cmake -DCGAL_DISABLE_GMP=ON -DWITH_LEDA=ON ~/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/

Thank you,
--
- Iordan

> Here is the command line I use when I want to compile CGAL without
> GMP and using LEDA as replacement. If you want to keep GMP, simply
> remove the first -D.
>
> cmake -DCGAL_DISABLE_GMP=ON -DWITH_LEDA=ON \
>       -DLEDA_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/sloriot/leda-libnumbers/incl \
>       -DLEDA_LIBRARIES=/home/sloriot/leda-libnumbers/libleda_numbers.so \
>       -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../..
>
> Did you try something similar?
>
> Sebastien.
>

> On 02/24/2017 12:03 PM, Iordan Iordanov wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have a problem when I'm trying to compile CGAL with LEDA.
> > The library and the header files are detected correctly at configuration
> > time, but when I try to build CGAL I get the error:
> > *
> > *
> > *[...]/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4: **error: **"This
> > compiler does not have a working STL"*
> >
> > #  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"
> >
> > *   ^*
> >

> > I have tried some solutions that I found online (such as deleting
> > CMakeCache.txt and retrying) but it's still giving me the same error.
> >
> > The compiler I am using is clang-700.1.81 on a MacOS X Yosemite (10.10.5).
> >
> > Thank you for your time,
> > --
> > Iordan Iordanov
> > PhD Candidate, Team GAMBLE
> > https://members.loria.fr/iordan.iordanov

cmake_output.txt (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Marc Glisse
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Iordan Iordanov wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> I am actually using ccmake for the configuration step, but this is
> what I do, yes. I had not tried disabling GMP; I did it now, but there
> is no difference in the output, it still fails.
> It will perhaps be useful to give you the trace for the first error:
>
>>> make
> Scanning dependencies of target CGAL
> [  4%] Building CXX object Installation/src/CGAL/CMakeFiles/CGAL.dir/all_files.cpp.o
> In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/builds/cgal-leda/Installation/src/CGAL/all_files.cpp:1:
> In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/src/CGAL/Geomview_stream.cpp:27:
> In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/include/CGAL/IO/Geomview_stream.h:28:
> In file included from /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Kernel_23/include/CGAL/basic.h:29:
> /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4: error: "This compiler does not have a working STL"
> #  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"
>   ^
>
> Is it possible that the error has to do with Geomview? Or is it
> even deeper, in the Kernel_23?

The error is long before that. If you look at the cmake output, you may
notice that all "Performing Test CGAL_CFG_*" failed. You need to find out
why they are failing (cmake probably leaves a log somewhere, or has some
verbose option or something).

--
Marc Glisse

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Iordan Iordanov
Hello Marc,

Thank you for the comment!
Indeed, I got into the log file and there was an error about X11,
it couldn't find the library. I provided the path and I was able
to compile CGAL.

- Iordan

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2017, Iordan Iordanov wrote:
>
> > Hi Sebastien,
> >
> > I am actually using ccmake for the configuration step, but this is
> > what I do, yes. I had not tried disabling GMP; I did it now, but there
> > is no difference in the output, it still fails.
> > It will perhaps be useful to give you the trace for the first error:

> > Scanning dependencies of target CGAL
> > [  4%] Building CXX object
> > Installation/src/CGAL/CMakeFiles/CGAL.dir/all_files.cpp.o
> > In file included from
> > /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/builds/cgal-leda/Installation/src/CGAL/all_files.cpp:1:
> > In file included from
> > /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/src/CGAL/Geomview_stream.cpp:27:
> > In file included from
> > /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Geomview/include/CGAL/IO/Geomview_stream.h:28:
> > In file included from
> > /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Kernel_23/include/CGAL/basic.h:29:
> > /Users/iordanov/Documents/Code/cgal-INRIA/Installation/include/CGAL/config.h:251:4:
> > error: "This compiler does not have a working STL"
> > #  error "This compiler does not have a working STL"
> >   ^
> >
> > Is it possible that the error has to do with Geomview? Or is it
> > even deeper, in the Kernel_23?
>
> The error is long before that. If you look at the cmake output, you may
> notice that all "Performing Test CGAL_CFG_*" failed. You need to find out
> why they are failing (cmake probably leaves a log somewhere, or has some
> verbose option or something).
>
> --
> Marc Glisse

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Iordan Iordanov
Hello all,

I have another problem related to this thread. Since last sime,
I was able to compile CGAL with LEDA, however I am unable to
compile any simple program using LEDA from CGAL. I tried to
investigate, but without positive results.

Please find attached to this message the output produced by make.

I should mention that initially I thought that I was using LEDA
incorrectly. I tried to compile the test leda_real in the package
Number_types, and I get the _same_ errors. In fact, I get the same
errors for any LEDA-related tests.
On the other hand, I tried compiling the tests/examples shipped
with LEDA itself, and it works just fine.
I have installed LEDA in the system folders, so I want to believe
there is no doubt that it is being detected, cmake confirms this.

Thank you,
--
- Iordan

error-tests-leda.txt (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Which version of LEDA are you using?

Sebastien.

On 02/27/2017 11:20 AM, Iordan Iordanov wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have another problem related to this thread. Since last sime,
> I was able to compile CGAL with LEDA, however I am unable to
> compile any simple program using LEDA from CGAL. I tried to
> investigate, but without positive results.
>
> Please find attached to this message the output produced by make.
>
> I should mention that initially I thought that I was using LEDA
> incorrectly. I tried to compile the test leda_real in the package
> Number_types, and I get the _same_ errors. In fact, I get the same
> errors for any LEDA-related tests.
> On the other hand, I tried compiling the tests/examples shipped
> with LEDA itself, and it works just fine.
> I have installed LEDA in the system folders, so I want to believe
> there is no doubt that it is being detected, cmake confirms this.
>
> Thank you,

Re: Error when compiling with LEDA

Iordan Iordanov
Hello Sebastien,

I am using version 6.4 for MacOS, downloaded very recently from the
website. I tried asking for a previous version, but it's not possible
to have it...

--
- Iordan