Error compiling refine fair example from polygon mesh processing

Error compiling refine fair example from polygon mesh processing

Shrabani Ghosh
I am trying to use the refine_fair_example
(https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html)
to compile but I am getting error something like below. Why I am getting
this error?

/home/sghos003/CGAL-4.13.1/include/CGAL/Polygon_mesh_processing/fair.h:143:5:
error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type
‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>’
     CGAL_static_assertion_msg(
     ^
CMakeFiles/executable.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target
'CMakeFiles/executable.dir/refine_fair_example.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/executable.dir/refine_fair_example.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/executable.dir/all'
failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/executable.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Re: Error compiling refine fair example from polygon mesh processing

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
This is a static assertion failing. Without looking at the code
I think it is because you are missing Eigen.
If you are using cmake add:

find_package(Eigen3 3.2.0 REQUIRED)
include( ${EIGEN3_USE_FILE} )

and see here how to configure it:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Manual/installation.html#title61

Sebastien.

On 8/1/19 10:33 PM, Shrabani Ghosh wrote:

> I am trying to use the refine_fair_example
> (https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html)
> to compile but I am getting error something like below. Why I am getting
> this error?
>
> /home/sghos003/CGAL-4.13.1/include/CGAL/Polygon_mesh_processing/fair.h:143:5:
> error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type
> ‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>’
>       CGAL_static_assertion_msg(
>       ^
> CMakeFiles/executable.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target
> 'CMakeFiles/executable.dir/refine_fair_example.cpp.o' failed
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/executable.dir/refine_fair_example.cpp.o] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/executable.dir/all'
> failed
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/executable.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:94: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Re: Error compiling refine fair example from polygon mesh processing

Shrabani Ghosh
Hi,

The input file :
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/input.png>
After I applied the refine program, I can see the mesh is refined like this.
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/output_%282%29.png>

Though it is refined but not uniformly distributed.
I thought I will get something uniformly distributed mesh like this.
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/23.png>

Re: Error compiling refine fair example from polygon mesh processing

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Just above the picture there is some text saying that remeshing is done
using:

CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::isotropic_remeshing()

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__PMP__meshing__grp.html#gad3d03890515ae8103bd32a30a3486412

Sebastien.