Elongated hexagonal bipyramid - tessallation & transformation

Elongated hexagonal bipyramid - tessallation & transformation

jaymax

I have a polyhedron, an elongated hexagonal bipyramid, created in affine space and would like to translate this [these] into 3D Cartesian space such that it tessellates the latter, with the following constraints. That the transformation performed allows for the indexing of each of the tessellated component structures. I have thought of ways of doing this but this might involve "recreating the wheel," if one does already exist in a package such as yours.

Hopefully, one or more of your users would comment on this.

There are other operations to be performed latter but this is the main step.

Thanks!

Re: Elongated hexagonal bipyramid - tessallation & transformation

teillaud

If I understand correctly (not sure) you have a crystallographic group made of translations, right? Can you say a few words about the “other operations to be performed later”? We can hardly discuss a potential package without knowing what it is supposed to do.

Monique Teillaud
https://members.loria.fr/Monique.Teillaud/
INRIA Nancy - Grand Est, LORIA
Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique

Sent from the cgal-discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Elongated hexagonal bipyramid - tessallation & transformation

jaymax
Almost but not quite! The picture is the reverse almost - a material science puzzle. Think of it almost like a "solute - solvent" system to be crystallized. The solvent been crystallized and trapping the solute within it. Both "solute and solvent" are elongated hexagonal bipyramids polyhedrons of about the same size. There are several physical parameters that could be evaluated for assessing the nucleation potential - the later steps.
But first of all, I need to tessellate the environment for the simulation and to be specific of the interacting polyhedrons.

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:20 PM, teillaud [via cgal-discuss] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/Elongated-hexagonal-bipyramid-tessallation-transformation-tp4662580p4662581.html
To start a new topic under cgal-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from cgal-discuss, click here.
NAML