Ebook-friendly manual

Daniel Oliveira
Dear Cgal members,

I was wondering if is possible to generate CGAL manual on a more ebook-friendly format such as .mobi ? I've placed PDF manual on my kindle DX but is difficult to read as there are too many pages...

Thanks,

Daniel Oliveira

Re: Ebook-friendly manual

Daniel Duque
Daniel Oliveira escribió:
> I was wondering if is possible to generate CGAL manual on a more
> ebook-friendly format such as .mobi ? I've placed PDF manual on my
> kindle DX but is difficult to read as there are too many pages...
I like the html format a lot, actually. I though kindle would support that.

What's great is reading the html manual through readability:
http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability .

Best,

Daniel

Re: Ebook-friendly manual

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Hi Daniel(s),

This is interesting.  I'm not familiar with these formats or e-books,
but if someone knows what exactly to improve in our HTML manual
to improve such browsing/navigation, please let us know.

I also guess it depends whether we talk about the user or reference manuals.

Of course, the easiest it is, the most probable it can get done :)

Le 02/03/10 21:40, Daniel Oliveira a écrit :

> The problem with CGAL HTML manual on kindle / readability system regards
> the links between pages. Manual on Mobi format or something similar
> would be the ideal in my case as I don't like to read long texts on
> computer, as I'm new to computer graphics CGAL manual are a great
> resource for state-of-the art methods on this area.
>
> Daniel
>

> 2010/3/2 Daniel Duque <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Daniel Oliveira escribió:
>
>         I was wondering if is possible to generate CGAL manual on a more
>         ebook-friendly format such as .mobi ? I've placed PDF manual on
>         my kindle DX but is difficult to read as there are too many pages...
>
>     I like the html format a lot, actually. I though kindle would
>     support that.
>
>     What's great is reading the html manual through readability:
>     http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability .
>
>     Best,
>
>     Daniel
>

>     --
>     You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.

Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia Antipolis
Geometrica Project-Team
CGAL, http://cgal.org/

Re: Ebook-friendly manual

Daniel Oliveira
Docbook standard (http://www.docbook.org/) seems to be used for HTML, PDF and MOBIPOCKET generation. But I could not find any open implementation yet.

Right now I'm using autokindle (http://sourceforge.net/projects/autokindle/) but It cannot handle CGAL manual as there are more than one HTML page. The other tool is mobi pocket (http://www.mobipocket.com), but there are no automatic way to generate the ebook file...

[]'s,

Daniel