Division of Intersection of Two Triangular Grids into Triangular Regions

Division of Intersection of Two Triangular Grids into Triangular Regions

Jayesh Badwaik
I habe described my problem in the attached PDF. I would be very
grateful if someone can tell me if this can be done in CGAL. Or point
me to some algorithms related to this.

--
Cheers
Jayesh Badwaik

arbitrary-remeshing-of-a-triangular-grid.pdf (44K) Download Attachment

Re: Division of Intersection of Two Triangular Grids into Triangular Regions

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
If you simply want to triangule non triangle faces use the function
triangulate_faces():
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__PMP__meshing__grp.html#gacaaff4d520500c530d9c3d5ebe2a0760

If you want to do more complicated things, I suggest to use the
2D constrained triangulation with the projection traits (like
in the implementation of the aforementioned function). With it
you'll be able to have constrained edges as well as intersection
of constrained edges (computed automatically).

Sebastien.

On 03/27/2018 02:54 AM, Jayesh Badwaik wrote:
> I habe described my problem in the attached PDF. I would be very
> grateful if someone can tell me if this can be done in CGAL. Or point
> me to some algorithms related to this.

Re: Division of Intersection of Two Triangular Grids into Triangular Regions

Jayesh Badwaik
Thanks a lot for your reply.