Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl, .off, etc)

Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl, .off, etc)

sergio
This post was updated on .
I would like to has a set of test functions that let know how many, which
elements of a mesh model(stl, off, etc) has geometric errors(Normals orientation, Gaps, Holes,
Non-manifold elements and Self-intersections:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~taoju/research/repairsurvey.pdf ).

For example: Cgal has a great function that let me know how many and which
faces has Self intersection problem(self_intersections_example):

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html

C:\>self_intersections_example.exe pig.off
There are self-intersections.
3 pairs of triangles intersect.

Does exist something similar for Normals orientation, Gaps, Holes and  Non-manifold elements? Or
could you please let me know how to implement?

Thanks,

Sergio

Re: Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl, .off, etc)

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
See this section about combinatorial repairing:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html#PMPRepairing

and this one about hole filling:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html#PMPHoleFilling

There are also some non-documented functions in
CGAL/Polygon_mesh_processing/repair.h to remove degenerate elements and
self-intersections. There is also
autorefine_and_remove_self_intersections() in
CGAL/Polygon_mesh_processing/corefinement.h

Sebastien.

On 05/25/2018 01:50 PM, sergio wrote:

> I would like to has a set of test functions that let know how many, which
> elements of a mesh model(stl, off, etc) has geometric errors(Gaps, Holes,
> Non-manifold elements and Self-intersections:
> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~taoju/research/repairsurvey.pdf ).
>
> For example: Cgal has a great function that let me know how many and which
> faces has Self intersection problem(self_intersections_example):
>
> https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html
>
> C:\>self_intersections_example.exe pig.off
> There are self-intersections.
> 3 pairs of triangles intersect.
>

> Does exist something similar for Gaps, Holes and  Non-manifold elements? Or
> could you please let me know how to implement?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sergio

Re: Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl, .off, etc)

sergio
Thank you very much! I'll check it .
Sergio