Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

Mukherjee, Soham
Can we refine  an existing Delaunay 3D Triangulation (Done by CGAL) using 3D Delaunay Refinement ? If so what is the procedure? I referred to the documentation but the procedure is not trivial.

Thanks,
Soham

Re: Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

MaelRL
Hello,

Have you seen the following package:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/index.html#Chapter_3D_Mesh_Generation ?

Mael

On 02/11/2019 22:38, Mukherjee, Soham wrote:
> Can we refine  an existing Delaunay 3D Triangulation (Done by CGAL) using 3D Delaunay Refinement ? If so what is the procedure? I referred to the documentation but the procedure is not trivial.
>
> Thanks,
> Soham

Re: Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

Mukherjee, Soham
HI Mael,
Thanks for the reply. I have looked into the 3D Mesh Generation package. The problem is every mesh requires a Mesh_domain. The Mesh_domain must be an instance of Labeled 3D image Gray, Scale Image or Polyhedron Mesh. But I just want to input a 3D Delaunay Triangulation in the algorithm. Let me give some details.
I have a point cloud that I have triangulated using Delaunay 3D Triangulation. I just want to refine the initial triangulation and then want to run my own algorithm on top of it. I cannot find a way to feed the 3D triangulation directly in the refinement algorithms. I don’t know whether it is possible in the current setup. In particular, I want to know whether there exists a facility similar to TetGen where it can refine an already existing 3D tetrahedral mesh.
One possible way I can think of is to voxelize my 3D triangulation and convert it  as an image. But sometimes it is kind of an extra step (voxelizing the triangulation).
Thanks in advance.

> On Nov 3, 2019, at 5:27 AM, Mael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Have you seen the following package: https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/index.html#Chapter_3D_Mesh_Generation ?
>
> Mael
>
> On 02/11/2019 22:38, Mukherjee, Soham wrote:
>> Can we refine  an existing Delaunay 3D Triangulation (Done by CGAL) using 3D Delaunay Refinement ? If so what is the procedure? I referred to the documentation but the procedure is not trivial.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Soham

Re: Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

Andy Li
Hi Mukherjee,

I have a question about 3D delaunay. After using delaunay triangulation, how
could I get the triangular face information? Such as vertex index of each
face. I output the information of six vertices which is
"T.number_of_finite_facets() ". It shows 12 facets. I don't think so. What's
more, I use "Finite_facets_iterator" to output each face parameter, I get a
wrong result.

Thanks.
Andy Li

Re: Delaunay refinement of an existing 3D Delaunay Triangulation

Mukherjee, Soham
Can you copy paste the vertices so that I can take a look at it.