Delaunay insertion order

Ashwin Nanjappa-2
Hi,

This email is a query further on from this old thread:
<https://lists-sop.inria.fr/sympa/arc/cgal-discuss/2007-11/msg00140.html>

If I turn off the random_shuffle and spatial_sort, the time taken by
Delaunay increases substantially. What's the reason behind this? I'm aware
of randomized insertion order, but AFAIK the spatial sort is not a random
order.

TIA,
~ash

Re: Delaunay insertion order

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Ashwin Nanjappa a écrit :
> This email is a query further on from this old thread:
> <https://lists-sop.inria.fr/sympa/arc/cgal-discuss/2007-11/msg00140.html>
>
> If I turn off the random_shuffle and spatial_sort, the time taken by
> Delaunay increases substantially. What's the reason behind this? I'm
> aware of randomized insertion order, but AFAIK the spatial sort is not a
> random order.

spatial_sort is a mix of randomization and space-filling-curve ordering.
Look for Amenta's BRIO paper for details, if the CGAL manual is not detailed
enough here.

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis