Delaunay cell's vertex index exceeds total number of vertex

Delaunay cell's vertex index exceeds total number of vertex

cecilia329
Hello,

I'm quite new to this CGAL library and planning to draw 3d delaunay
triangulation.

cout << dt3;
shows  the output shown below, and I can't understand the last part which
shows the information about the cell's 4 vertex. I searched past discussions
and figured out that vertex 0 is for the ifinite cells. Then what about
cells such as 2 5 7 1? What does 7 mean? Shouldn't the maximum index be 5 in
my case?

Thank you:)

3
5
-0.0637694 -0.166919 -0.980245
0.402024 0.37029 0.284583
0.789346 -0.448131 0.179006
0.6388 0.146318 -0.428829
0.710744 0.200153 -0.406391
8
1 2 3 4
3 2 1 0
4 2 3 5
0 3 2 5
4 1 2 5
0 2 1 5
3 1 4 5
1 3 0 5
2 6 4 1
5 7 3 0
3 6 4 0
2 5 7 1
5 2 6 0
4 7 3 1
4 2 7 0
3 5 6 1

There is nothing special about the code.

        std::vector<K::Point_3> points;
        CGAL::Random_points_in_sphere_3<K::Point_3, Creator> g(1.0);
        std::copy_n(g, 5, std::back_inserter(points));

        DT3 dt3(points.begin(), points.end());

Re: Delaunay cell's vertex index exceeds total number of vertex

Olivier Devillers-2
Then what about
cells such as 2 5 7 1? What does 7 mean? Shouldn't the maximum index be 5 in
my case?

There are 5 vertices numbered from 1 to 5 (0 is the infinite vertex) and 8 cells numbered from 0 to 7.
Cell 3 has vertices 0, 3, 2, and 5, its neighbors are cells 2, 5, 7, and 1

Olivier Devillers,

Re: Delaunay cell's vertex index exceeds total number of vertex

cecilia329
Thank you Oliver.
After reading your reply, all my questions about the output.txt are solved!