DICOM files/Meshing/3Dto2D

Jan Lünert
Hello everybody.

I got some questions concerning the ability of cgal to work with DICOM
data files. First of all, is the cgal software able to read DICOM files
and is there a possibility to mesh 3D DICOM-based geometries and
translate them into 2D surfaces. Furthermore, if this Translation is
possible, is it also possible to receive some kind of measurement of the
3D and the 2D surface/area. This would be very important to know for me,
as I am highly interested in the distortion effects\differences in area
that occur by translation from 3D to 2D. Is something like that possible
with the DICOM software and which packages are useful to treat such tasks?

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Re: DICOM files/Meshing/3Dto2D

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
For an example of meshing a 3D DICOM, look at this example:

https://cgal.geometryfactory.com/CGAL/doc/master/Mesh_3/Mesh_3_2mesh_3D_gray_vtk_image_8cpp-example.html

There is nothing done in CGAL to handle 2D cases.

Sebastien.