Creating an object oriented bounding box

Creating an object oriented bounding box

Grimm, Raphael (IAR)

Hi,

I have a point cloud and need a bounding box for them (approximately is enough).

In

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Bounding_volumes/group__PkgBoundingVolumes.html

there are such bounding boxes for 2d (CGAL::min_rectangle_2). I did not find such a function for 3d.

There is CGAL::Approximate_min_ellipsoid_d and one could take its radii, but this will result in a much larger bounding volume.

Is there any functionality to do this with CGAL and I just did not find it?

Thanks,

Raphael

smime.p7s (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Creating an object oriented bounding box

andreas.fabri

We work on an implementation and it will probably available in August.

Best,

Andreas

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri