Creating a power diagram/ regular triangulation with generalized maps

Creating a power diagram/ regular triangulation with generalized maps

Paul Pöschel
Hi,

I'm currently working on modeling a pore space. Therefore I use the regular
triangulation/ power diagram. I'm able to create and manipulate my model the
way I want to. The goal is, to use the modeled pore space as sample data for
different geophysical analysis tools. Because of that, I would like to
provide the created triangulation in a gmap format.
Since CGAL has a Package for GeneralizedMaps, I thought it is possible to
create the triangulation as generalized map but I couldn't figure out how to
do it.
I don't want to add each created polygon (of the power diagram) at a time to
my generalized map, but have an efficient way to work with.
Is there already a existing solution for this problem? For now it does not
matter if it is a solution for either 2D or 3D.

Greetings

Paul Pöschel

Re: Creating a power diagram/ regular triangulation with generalized maps

Guillaume Damiand
Hi Paul,

Le 22/10/2018 à 13:58, Paul Pöschel a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on modeling a pore space. Therefore I use the regular
> triangulation/ power diagram. I'm able to create and manipulate my model the
> way I want to. The goal is, to use the modeled pore space as sample data for
> different geophysical analysis tools. Because of that, I would like to
> provide the created triangulation in a gmap format.
> Since CGAL has a Package for GeneralizedMaps, I thought it is possible to
> create the triangulation as generalized map but I couldn't figure out how to
> do it.
> I don't want to add each created polygon (of the power diagram) at a time to
> my generalized map, but have an efficient way to work with.
> Is there already a existing solution for this problem? For now it does not
> matter if it is a solution for either 2D or 3D.

I am not sure to understand correctly. If you want to transform a 3D
triangulation into a GeneralizedMap, you can use the function
import_from_trianguation_3

(cf here
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Linear_cell_complex/group__PkgLinearCellComplexConstructions.html#ga7e8cde514b93c3441a4df2bc09c24068)

If you want to see your data structure as a GeneralizedMap, for example
to use the same operators, there is nothing available yet.

Best

Guillaume

> Greetings
>
> Paul Pöschel

Guillaume DAMIAND

CNRS - LIRIS UMR 5205
Université Claude Bernard
Bâtiment Nautibus (710)
43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex (France)
Tél: +33 (0)4.72.43.14.34                 Fax: +33 (0)4.72.43.15.36
Mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://liris.cnrs.fr/guillaume.damiand/

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment