Crash on 2D Constrained Triangulation, Cartesian<double> Kernel...

Crash on 2D Constrained Triangulation, Cartesian<double> Kernel...

Stephen Wong-4

Hello,

I have found that when I use Cartesian<double> as the kernel for a constrained Delaunay triangulation, I come across a crash in Compact_container.h. It seems to be a null-pointer reference, but I don’t believe it is caused by my code.

I have created a small application that will reproduce the problem. Does anyone else experience the crash as well? I also know that when I use the Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions kernel, it does not crash.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Stephen

data.txt (178 bytes) Download Attachment
main.cpp (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Crash on 2D Constrained Triangulation, Cartesian<double> Kernel...

Andreas Meyer-4
On Saturday 12 July 2008 02:25:05 Stephen Wong wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have found that when I use Cartesian<double> as the kernel for a
> constrained Delaunay triangulation, I come across a crash in
> Compact_container.h. It seems to be a null-pointer reference, but I don't
> believe it is caused by my code.
>
> I have created a small application that will reproduce the problem. Does
> anyone else experience the crash as well? I also know that when I use the
> Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions kernel, it does not crash.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Stephen

The following text is tailor-made exactly for that topic:
http://www.cgal.org/philosophy.html

Best,
Andreas

Re: Crash on 2D Constrained Triangulation, Cartesian<double> Kernel...

Laurent Rineau (GeometryFactory)
On Saturday 12 July 2008 02:25:05 Stephen Wong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found that when I use Cartesian<double> as the kernel for a
> constrained Delaunay triangulation, I come across a crash

Cartesian<double> is a non-robust kernel. Please read
  http://www.cgal.org/FAQ.html#inexact_NT

Engineer at GeometryFactory
http://www.geometryfactory.com/