Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.2 beta1)

Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.2 beta1)

Pranav

While trying to use code from:
http://doc.cgal.org/4.2/CGAL.CGAL.Surface-Reconstruction-from-Point-Sets/html/Surface_reconstruction_points_3_2poisson_reconstruction_example_8cpp-example.html

with CGAL 4.2. Beta 1,i am getting error:

In function ‘int main()’:
error: no matching function for call to ‘CGAL::Poisson_reconstruction_function<CGAL::Epick>::compute_implicit_function()’

note: candidates are:

template<class SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d, class Visitor> bool CGAL::Poisson_reconstruction_function::compute_implicit_function(SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d, Visitor, double, double) [with SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d = SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d, Visitor = Visitor, Gt = CGAL::Epick]

template<class SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d> bool CGAL::Poisson_reconstruction_function::compute_implicit_function(SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d, bool) [with SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d = SparseLinearAlgebraTraits_d, Gt = CGAL::Epick]

Does Poisson reconstruction sample code needs to be updated for version 4.2 beta 1?

Re: Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.2 beta1)

Pranav
Hi,

Problem got solved by adding
#define CGAL_EIGEN3_ENABLED

I am not sure why it was not enabled during Cmake process?

Re: Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.2 beta1)

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
On 03/14/2013 07:11 AM, Pranav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Problem got solved by adding
> *#define CGAL_EIGEN3_ENABLED*
We actually fixed a bug in the code that was expecting a default solver
to be available. Default solver is now available only if
CGAL_EIGEN3_ENABLED is defined.

> I am not sure why it was not enabled during Cmake process?

It is if you use the following.

find_package(Eigen3 3.1.0) #(requires 3.1.0 or greater)
if (EIGEN3_FOUND)
   include( ${EIGEN3_USE_FILE} )
endif()

Re: Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.2 beta1)

mytien
Hello,
I ran into the same problem, I use Eigen 3.2 and added #define CGAL_EIGEN3_ENABLED, but the error still occures. Does that mean that I did not install it correctly?
I downloaded the zip for Eigen 3.2.0 here: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Then I extracted it and copied the signature_of_eigen3_matrix_library as well as the header folder called "Eigen" to my minGW/include folder.

When I configured CGAL with Eigen support in cmake, it found Eigen and did not throw errors, also generating the makefile as well as running make and make install on CGAL worked. So I assumed, everything was alright. But maybe I missed a step?
Can you please explain, how you added Eigen support to your CGAL installation?

On 10/11/2013 05:34 PM, mytien wrote:

> Hello,
> I ran into the same problem, I use Eigen 3.2 and added #define
> CGAL_EIGEN3_ENABLED, but the error still occures. Does that mean that I did
> not install it correctly?
> I downloaded the zip for Eigen 3.2.0 here:
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
> Then I extracted it and copied the signature_of_eigen3_matrix_library as
> well as the header folder called "Eigen" to my minGW/include folder.
>
> When I configured CGAL with Eigen support in cmake, it found Eigen and did
> not throw errors, also generating the makefile as well as running make and
> make install on CGAL worked. So I assumed, everything was alright. But maybe
> I missed a step?
IIRC correctly the configuration of Eigen is not cached by cmake while
configuring CGAL.

You need to have in you cmake file something like:

   find_package(Eigen3 3.1.0)
   if (EIGEN3_FOUND)
     include( ${EIGEN3_USE_FILE} )
   endif()

Sebastien.

> Can you please explain, how you added Eigen support to your CGAL
> installation?

Re: Compilation errors in Poisson reconstruction sample code(CGAL 4.9)

On 03/27/2017 08:33 PM, crvogt wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm encountering the same problem, on which I've spent a number of
> frustrating hours.
>
> Using Ubuntu14.04/Eigen3/CGAL4.9
>
> I've added
> find_package(Eigen3 3.1.0)
> if (EIGEN3_FOUND)
>   include( ${EIGEN3_USE_FILE} )
> endif()

These three lines should go after include( ${CGAL_USE_FILE} ).
Eigen does not have a use file, it has been introduced by CGAL.

Sebastien.