Compilation error on poisson reconstruction example

Compilation error on poisson reconstruction example

Nidaime
Hello,

I newly installed the libcgal-dev package on my computer, I am not really
used to work with librairies with my school so I don't know how i can
resolve my problem.
I am working with Qt Creator on Ubuntu 18.04 with the Qt version 5.12.1 and
I am using the compiler qmake.

My problem here is that I am trying to run this poisson reconstruction
function example:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3_2poisson_reconstruction_function_8cpp-example.html
and I get the following error:

‘point_map’ is not a member of ‘CGAL::parameters’
CGAL::parameters::point_map(CGAL::First_of_pair_property_map<Pwn>()).
                             ^~~~~~~~~
suggested alternative: ‘vertex_point_map’

Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

Re: Compilation error on poisson reconstruction example

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
It might be that the version installed by your package manager is older
than the example you are trying to compile. What version of CGAL is
installed?

Sebastien.

On 6/5/19 11:20 AM, Nidaime wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I newly installed the libcgal-dev package on my computer, I am not really
> used to work with librairies with my school so I don't know how i can
> resolve my problem.
> I am working with Qt Creator on Ubuntu 18.04 with the Qt version 5.12.1 and
> I am using the compiler qmake.
>
> My problem here is that I am trying to run this poisson reconstruction
> function example:
> https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3_2poisson_reconstruction_function_8cpp-example.html
> and I get the following error:
>
> ‘point_map’ is not a member of ‘CGAL::parameters’
> CGAL::parameters::point_map(CGAL::First_of_pair_property_map<Pwn>()).
>                               ^~~~~~~~~
> suggested alternative: ‘vertex_point_map’
>
> Do you know what I am doing wrong ?

Re: Compilation error on poisson reconstruction example

Nidaime
I am currently using the 4.11-2 CGAL version.
I can see that the latest version is 4.14, should I try to install a newer
version of CGAL ?

Re: Compilation error on poisson reconstruction example

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Yes, or use the older example:
https://doc.cgal.org/4.11.3/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3/Poisson_surface_reconstruction_3_2poisson_reconstruction_function_8cpp-example.html

Note the compatibility is backward, so examples from older release
should compile with new versions of CGAL but new examples shall not
necessarily compile with older release.

Sebastien.