Combining meshes of different makes (templates)

Combining meshes of different makes (templates)

Xiaofan Li-2
Hi all,

I'm new to CGAL and have come with this naive question -- as CGAL constructs mesh surfaces using template arguments such as

Implicit_surface_3< Trait, Func > surface ( ... )

where Func is assigned with some specific functor that defines the mesh. However, if I have made two meshes using distinctive Funcs, say, a sphere and a cube, they will inevitably have *different* types because of the Func. I was wondering how CGAL deals with this problem to perform, say, a mesh union operation to them? And in practical, how am I supposed to write the code to do that? It seems that I couldn't even store the two surfaces in a common container as they are heterogeneous objects indeed.

Could anybody shed some light on this -- very much appreciated.

Regards,
Xiaofan

Xiaofan Li

Biomolecular Modeling Laboratory
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute

University College London