Can We use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h methods for not valid mesh?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can We use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h methods for not valid mesh?

sergio
This post was updated on .
Im try to implement diagnostic algorithms for not valid mesh(non-manifold
vertices, non-manifold edges, etc) I know that there are functions that let
me repair these errors. I don't want to repair it. What I want to only do it
is to Diagnostic a mesh with a particular error (Not repair  it).

I try to use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh/index.html#title13

in order to iterate through all structure data and find these errors but it
does not work if the mesh has errors.

how i can iterate through haldedges, vertices, points of the invalid mesh in
order to find this errors? (Not repairing methods please)

For example: cube_e.off has non manifold vertex

cube_e.off
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t375958/cube_e.off








--
Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can We use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h methods for not valid mesh?

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
You can only store manifold meshes.

Sebastien.

On 06/06/2018 04:50 PM, sergio wrote:

> Im try to implement diagnostic algorithms for not valid mesh(non-manifold
> vertices, non-manifold edges, etc) I know that there are functions that let
> me repair these errors. I don't want to repair it. What I want to only do it
> is to Diagnostic a mesh with a particular error (Not repair  it).
>
> I try to use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h
>
> https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh/index.html#title13
>
> in order to iterate through all structure data and find these errors but it
> does not work if the mesh has errors.
>
> how i can iterate through haldedges, vertices, points of the invalid mesh in
> order to find this errors? (Not repairing methods please)
>
> For example: cube_e.off has non manifold vertex
>
> cube_e.off
> <http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t375958/cube_e.off>
>
> if the file is process with this example it does not work:
>
> https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh/Surface_mesh_2sm_kruskal_8cpp-example.html
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/
>

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can We use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h methods for not valid mesh?

sergio
Ok thank you!

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can only store manifold meshes.

Sebastien.


On 06/06/2018 04:50 PM, sergio wrote:
Im try to implement diagnostic algorithms for not valid mesh(non-manifold
vertices, non-manifold edges, etc) I know that there are functions that let
me repair these errors. I don't want to repair it. What I want to only do it
is to Diagnostic a mesh with a particular error (Not repairĀ  it).

I try to use CGAL/Surface_mesh.h

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh/index.html#title13

in order to iterate through all structure data and find these errors but it
does not work if the mesh has errors.

how i can iterate through haldedges, vertices, points of the invalid mesh in
order to find this errors? (Not repairing methods please)

For example: cube_e.off has non manifold vertex

cube_e.off
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t375958/cube_e.off>

if the file is process with this example it does not work:

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh/Surface_mesh_2sm_kruskal_8cpp-example.html






--
Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss