Calling create_exterior_skeleton_and_offset_polygons_2 freeze my computer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calling create_exterior_skeleton_and_offset_polygons_2 freeze my computer

anh.tran
Hi,
I have a polygon (attached as a text file) and I would like to compute the
exterior offset for it. However, for some reason, as soon as I called the
function, it freeze my computer. It almost feel like a memory leak or some
sort.

Is this a bug or something wrong with my polygon? Thank you.



--
Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calling create_exterior_skeleton_and_offset_polygons_2 freeze my computer

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Seems the attachment did not make it :)

Sebastien.

On 5/14/20 2:45 PM, anh.tran wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a polygon (attached as a text file) and I would like to compute the
> exterior offset for it. However, for some reason, as soon as I called the
> function, it freeze my computer. It almost feel like a memory leak or some
> sort.
>
> Is this a bug or something wrong with my polygon? Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/
>

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calling create_exterior_skeleton_and_offset_polygons_2 freeze my computer

anh.tran
Hi,

Sorry I don't know why, I attached it again.
For reference, the offset distance I used is 1.

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran


On Thu, 14 May 2020 at 22:49, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seems the attachment did not make it :)

Sebastien.

On 5/14/20 2:45 PM, anh.tran wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a polygon (attached as a text file) and I would like to compute the
> exterior offset for it. However, for some reason, as soon as I called the
> function, it freeze my computer. It almost feel like a memory leak or some
> sort.
>
> Is this a bug or something wrong with my polygon? Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/
>

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss



polygon.txt (10K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calling create_exterior_skeleton_and_offset_polygons_2 freeze my computer

Peter Palfrader
On Thu, 14 May 2020, Trần Anh wrote:

> Sorry I don't know why, I attached it again.
> For reference, the offset distance I used is 1.

FYI, that polygon's boundary has self-intersections.

  1.125114369710565398e+02 9.029445851708922532e+01
* 1.133279010977602610e+02 9.081340544734307230e+01
  1.133225419462555408e+02 9.081072587159071929e+01
  1.144949429018960103e+02 9.119664115451682562e+01

Moving the marked vertex one later makes it at least plane.

https://volatile.noreply.org/2020-05-14-5JeYBrr2Vxg/non-planar.png

--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System
                            |   `-    https://www.debian.org/

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss