CMake: CGALExports references old so-version after update

CMake: CGALExports references old so-version after update

dlenz
Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed CGAL 4.14 for use in one of my projects;
previously I have been working with CGAL 4.13.  My project is built with
CMake, so I build with CGAL using find_package().  Since updating to CGAL
4.14, my CMake configuration is failing.

The error reported from CMake is:

CMake Error at /usr/local/lib64/cmake/CGAL/CGALExports.cmake:81 (message):
  The imported target "CGAL::CGAL" references the file
     "/usr/local/lib64/libCGAL.so.13.0.2"
  but this file does not exist.

After installing CGAL 4.14, the correct library should be libCGAL.so.13.0.3.
I'm sure I've made a simple mistake here, but I can't track it down.  Could
anyone guess why CGALExports would be referring to an old install?

As far as I can tell, the configuration, build, and installation of CGAL
4.14 proceeded without a hitch, so I don't believe the issue is there.
Clearly though, I have done something wrong.

In my CMakeLists.txt, the only references to CGAL are:
  set( CGAL_DIR /usr/local/lib64/cmake/CGAL )
  set( CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release )
  find_package(CGAL REQUIRED)
  [...]
  target_link_libraries( <target> CGAL::CGAL )

I have tried removing my build/ directory to completely restart the build
process, but the issue persists.

Thank you for your help!!  I am still somewhat new to CMake, so I welcome
any critiques of my method for including CGAL via CMake.

Best regards,
David

Re: CMake: CGALExports references old so-version after update

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:45:19 PM CEST dlenz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded and installed CGAL 4.14 for use in one of my projects;
> previously I have been working with CGAL 4.13.  My project is built with
> CMake, so I build with CGAL using find_package().  Since updating to CGAL
> 4.14, my CMake configuration is failing.
>
> The error reported from CMake is:
>
> CMake Error at /usr/local/lib64/cmake/CGAL/CGALExports.cmake:81 (message):
>   The imported target "CGAL::CGAL" references the file
>      "/usr/local/lib64/libCGAL.so.13.0.2"
>   but this file does not exist.

Please clean the directory /usr/local/lib64/cmake/CGAL/ and then install again
CGAL-4.14. That file /usr/local/lib64/cmake/CGAL/CGALExports.cmake is a
leftover of the installation of CGAL-4.13. On my machine the new one for
CGAL-4.14 is named `CGALExports-noconfig.cmake`.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Re: CMake: CGALExports references old so-version after update

dlenz
Ah I see - that worked perfectly.  Thank you, Laurent!

Best,
David