CGAl questions

ujur007
I am new to CGAL and I have some question about the examples provided by
CGAL.

I am running CGAL on Ubuntu 16.04. I can run some of the examples provided
on the webpage  it runs from the command line but it gives me error in QT
IDE. Also from the command line if I do for example for hello world program
on the webpage.

sudo g++ hellworld.cpp -o output.txt -lCGAL

It runs fine but when I open the output file it contains many special
characters. I have no idea what is that?
what is the use of -ICGAL? is there some document which describes such
options?

How can I configure QT IDE to run CGAL examples?

BR, <https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Manual/tutorial_hello_world.html>

Re: CGAl questions

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
What are you trying to do????

The g++ command line create an executable named output.txt.
It means that it is not a humain readable file but C++ code
compile.

Also, you are missing -frounding-math flags.

The following should be working:
 > g++ -frounding-math helloworld.cpp -o helloworld -lCGAL
 > ./helloworld

Sebastien.

On 08/24/2018 11:51 AM, ujur007 wrote:

> I am new to CGAL and I have some question about the examples provided by
> CGAL.
>
> I am running CGAL on Ubuntu 16.04. I can run some of the examples provided
> on the webpage  it runs from the command line but it gives me error in QT
> IDE. Also from the command line if I do for example for hello world program
> on the webpage.
>
> sudo g++ hellworld.cpp -o output.txt -lCGAL
>

> It runs fine but when I open the output file it contains many special
> characters. I have no idea what is that?
> what is the use of -ICGAL? is there some document which describes such
> options?
>
> How can I configure QT IDE to run CGAL examples?
>
> BR, <https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Manual/tutorial_hello_world.html>

Re: CGAl questions

ujur007
Hello,'

That works. I want to run some of the algorithms and template class and modify them to accomplish my tasks at university. I wanted to know some more examples and how to run them. Also, where I can find different command line options?

BR,