CGAL with boost::thread?

Xiaofan Li-2

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether CGAL library works with boost::thread library? I am trying to parallelise some code but I seem to get boost::thread_resource_error at run time when a CGAL function is called upon. Is there any mandatory configuration switch I have to turn on when compiling CGAL (my current version just yum’ed from Fedora repo though)?

Regards,

Xiaofan

Re: CGAL with boost::thread?

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Xiaofan Li a écrit :
> Does anyone know whether CGAL library works with boost::thread library?
> I am trying to parallelise some code but I seem to get
> boost::thread_resource_error at run time when a CGAL function is called
> upon. Is there any mandatory configuration switch I have to turn on when
> compiling CGAL (my current version just yum’ed from Fedora repo though)?

Would you have a short example showing this?

Note that in general, CGAL is not thread safe.  At least so far we have not
listed any such guarantees for any function (although some may well be, of course).

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment