CGAL with SUN CC and aCC compilers

gaetan.thiebaud
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is any prerequisite to compile a CGAL project with
SUN CC.

I'm currently on SUNOS 5.10 with SUNPRO 5.7.
$ CC –V
CC: Sun C++ 5.7 Patch 117830-02 2005/03/30

I had an "ambiguity" issue but the workout works fine.
#define CGAL_CFG_OUTOFLINE_MEMBER_DEFINITION_BUG 1

And now, I’m getting this error:
>> Assertion: (../lnk/tmplmatchargs.cc, line 178)
   while processing myfile.cpp at line 232.
*** Error code 1

I think SUN patches can resolve this issue.
Unfortunately, and for my own specifics reasons, I need to know first if there
is any other workaround, without these patches.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-117830-17-1
(from 117830-03)
6273787 Assertion:   (../lnk/tmplmatchargs.cc, line 178) for member template
specialization

By the way, if you know anything about prerequisite for aCC (on HP-UX B.11.11),
I’ll be glad to read about it too, because boost tells me
"error "Compiler version not supported - version A.03.80 or higher is required"
and then a lot of cgal and boost issues appear...

and once again updating the compiler should be my last option :-(

Note : the test file i'm using right now is just a "hello world" and some cgal
includes I need. No other specific stuff.

Thanks.--

Re: CGAL with SUN CC and aCC compilers

Laurent Rineau (GeometryFactory)
On Wednesday 30 July 2008 14:47:51 [hidden email] wrote:
> and once again updating the compiler should be my last option :-(

Just before that last option, maybe you can downgrade your CGAL version. I
think that some old versions of CGAL (maybe 3.1) did support your compiler.

As for CGAL-3.3, your compiler is far too buggy.

Engineer at GeometryFactory
http://www.geometryfactory.com/