CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
I am using the cmake build version of cgal to install in windows. It is
asking for GMP to build.  Please provide me the link to install GMP .

Regards
Shrabani Ghosh

Re: CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
Can I really use cgal in windows?

Re: CGAL installation

MaelRL
Hello,

Please have a look at https://www.cgal.org/download/windows.html.

Best,
Mael

On 2019-07-29 20:29, Shrabani Ghosh wrote:
> Can I really use cgal in windows?

Re: CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
Thank You. What kind of file format should be used as input? I have some
triangulated surface of vtk, ply file format. Can't I use these files as
input?

Thanks
Shrabani Ghosh

Re: CGAL installation

MaelRL
Both these file types are supported (search for functions read_vtk_file,
read_ply in the code/doc). There are a few more extensions supported
(off, stl, vtu, etc.).

On 29/07/2019 22:27, Shrabani Ghosh wrote:

> Thank You. What kind of file format should be used as input? I have some
> triangulated surface of vtk, ply file format. Can't I use these files as
> input?
>
> Thanks
> Shrabani Ghosh

Re: CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
Is there any example in CGAL  which reads and writes in vtk file?

Re: CGAL installation

chrism
I have one for writing 2.5D cgal triangulations. Would that be useful?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 09:38 Shrabani Ghosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any example in CGAL  which reads and writes in vtk file?

Chris Marsh
PhD Candidate
chrismarsh.ca

PhD Candidate
chrismarsh.ca

PhD Candidate
chrismarsh.ca

Re: CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
Thank You, when you get time.

Can you tell me what file format this surface mesh takes as input?

#include <CGAL/Surface_mesh.h>

main(){
 Surface_mesh surface_mesh;

Re: CGAL installation

chrism
I have attached 2 files that show writing a triangle to VTK. The idea extends naturally to multiple triangles, but it's easier to show how with this. I can provide more details if needed.
Hope this helps,
Cheers
Chris

Chris Marsh
PhD Candidate
chrismarsh.ca

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:51 AM Shrabani Ghosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank You, when you get time.

Can you tell me what file format this surface mesh takes as input?

#include <CGAL/Surface_mesh.h>

main(){
 Surface_mesh surface_mesh;

CMakeLists.txt (612 bytes) Download Attachment
main.cpp (4K) Download Attachment

Re: CGAL installation

Shrabani Ghosh
Thank You