Quantcast

CGAL instalation Linux cmake problem

Ivan Io
Hello!

I do

$ cd CGAL-4.9
$ cmake -DWITH_examples=ON -DWITH_demos=ON -DCGAL_DIR=$HOME/CGAL-4.9/ .

and see
-- Configuring examples in examples/BGL_OpenMesh
-- Requested component: MPFR
-- Requested component: GMP
-- Boost version: 1.62.0
-- Examples that use OpenMesh will not be compiled.

What does this output mean? and what I need to do to compile examples?

Thank you very much!!

P.S. is it suitable place for such help requests?

Re: CGAL instalation Linux cmake problem

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
Le Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:27:08 PM CET Ivan Io a écrit :
> full output <https://paste.debian.net/hidden/d39d567e/>
> -- Configuring examples in examples/BGL_OpenMesh
> -- Requested component: MPFR
> -- Requested component: GMP
> -- Boost version: 1.62.0
> -- Examples that use OpenMesh will not be compiled.
>
> What does this output mean? and what I need to do to compile examples?

Hi,

Some of the examples in the BGL package shows that CGAL algorithms can be
used on OpenMesh data structures. If your system does not have OpenMesh, of
course those examples cannot be compiled. But that is no big deal: all the
other examples that do not use OpenMesh are configured and can be compiled.

> P.S. is it suitable place for such help requests?

Yes, that is the right place.

Let's hope I gave you a satisfying answer, and you will go on and continue
using CGAL.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Re: CGAL instalation Linux cmake problem

ivanotero76
Hi Laurent!

Could you recomend any post link about cgal and about how to calculate intersection of 3 planes.
In my case I have normal vector of plane and centroide.

I need to know the know how of cgal to calculate this point
I know mathematics to calculate it but I would like to get this point with cgal.

Thanks and best regards

Le Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:27:08 PM CET Ivan Io a écrit :
> full output <https://paste.debian.net/hidden/d39d567e/>
> -- Configuring examples in examples/BGL_OpenMesh
> -- Requested component: MPFR
> -- Requested component: GMP
> -- Boost version: 1.62.0
> -- Examples that use OpenMesh will not be compiled.
>
> What does this output mean? and what I need to do to compile examples?

Hi,

Some of the examples in the BGL package shows that CGAL algorithms can be
used on OpenMesh data structures. If your system does not have OpenMesh, of
course those examples cannot be compiled. But that is no big deal: all the
other examples that do not use OpenMesh are configured and can be compiled.

> P.S. is it suitable place for such help requests?

Yes, that is the right place.

Let's hope I gave you a satisfying answer, and you will go on and continue
using CGAL.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Iván Otero González
Skype: ivanoterouvigo
Tlf. Lab. 222: 813499
Tlf. Lab. 218: 813998
Research Line : ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING

GeoTech

Applied Geotechnologies Research Group | Geotech

Universidade de Vigo

E.E. Minas

36310 Vigo (Spain)

Le Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:40:13 PM CET Iván otero a écrit :
> Hi Laurent!
>
> Could you recomend any post link about cgal and about how to calculate
> intersection of 3 planes.
> In my case I have normal vector of plane and centroide.
>
> I need to know the know how of cgal to calculate this point
> I know mathematics to calculate it but I would like to get this point with
> cgal.

There is a constructor of a `CGAL::Plane_3<K>` from a point and a vector:

  http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Kernel_23/classCGAL_1_1Plane__3.html

  Plane_3 (const Point_3< Kernel > &p, const Vector_3< Kernel > &v)

   introduces a plane h that passes through point p and that is orthogonal
      to v.

And then you will have to use the intersection function:

  http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Kernel_23/group__intersection__linear__grp.html

The intersection of the two first `Plane_3<K>` will gives you a `Line_3<K>`,
unless the plans are parallel. Then the intersection of the resulting
`Line_3<K>` with the third `Plane_3<K>` should give you a `Point_3<K>`,
unless the line is parallel to the plane.