Quantcast

CGAL header only installation usage

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

CGAL header only installation usage

Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay
Hi,

What is the exact way of running the examples after a header only installation  of CGAL. I installed CGAL using the header only way. Also if I am using CGAL in a project of mine can I use CGAL the way Eigen is generally used (since Eigen is always header only) i.e. can I just link the include directory and will it work?

Best regards,
Anjishnu

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CGAL header only installation usage

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
Le Monday, January 16, 2017 4:05:46 PM CET Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> What is the exact way of running the examples after a header only
> installation  of CGAL. I installed CGAL using the header only way. Also if
> I am using CGAL in a project of mine can I use CGAL the way Eigen is
> generally used (since Eigen is always header only) i.e. can I just link
> the include directory and will it work?

Yes, it should work similarly to Eigen.

Yes, if you do not use our CMake scripts, there might be macros to define,
such as

    -DCGAL_LINKED_WITH_TBB
    -DCGAL_USE_GMP
    -DCGAL_USE_MPFR
    -DCGAL_USE_ZLIB

depending on which third-party libraries you use.

--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CGAL header only installation usage

Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay
Hi,

Thanks. Maybe a stupid question but what does LINKED_WITH_TBB signify?

Best regards,
Anjishnu

> On 16 Jan 2017, at 16:20, Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le Monday, January 16, 2017 4:05:46 PM CET Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay a ?crit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the exact way of running the examples after a header only
>> installation  of CGAL. I installed CGAL using the header only way. Also if
>> I am using CGAL in a project of mine can I use CGAL the way Eigen is
>> generally used (since Eigen is always header only) i.e. can I just link
>> the include directory and will it work?
>
> Yes, it should work similarly to Eigen.
>
> Yes, if you do not use our CMake scripts, there might be macros to define,
> such as
>
>    -DCGAL_LINKED_WITH_TBB
>    -DCGAL_USE_GMP
>    -DCGAL_USE_MPFR
>    -DCGAL_USE_ZLIB
>
> depending on which third-party libraries you use.
>
> --
> Laurent Rineau, PhD
> R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
> Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/
>
>
> --
> You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
> To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
> https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss
>
>


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: CGAL header only installation usage

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
Le Monday, January 16, 2017 4:33:45 PM CET Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks. Maybe a stupid question but what does LINKED_WITH_TBB signify?

No, the question is not stupid, because we know the name of the macro is not
a good one: `CGAL_LINKED_WITH_TBB` tells the compiler that `<tbb.h>` can be
included. That macro is set by our CMake scripts when TBB is detected. And
the CMake scripts will also ensure that the produced binaries will be linked
with libtbb.


Actually, when I said:

> Yes, if you do not use our CMake scripts, there might be macros to define,
> such as
>
>     -DCGAL_LINKED_WITH_TBB
>     -DCGAL_USE_GMP
>     -DCGAL_USE_MPFR
>     -DCGAL_USE_ZLIB
>
> depending on which third-party libraries you use.

... I forgot to say that at link time the third-party libraries (such as
libgmp.so, libmpfr.so) must be linked with. Otherwise you will have link
errors.

--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Loading...