CGAL-PYTHON Visualisation

linda
Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner on CGAL I use CGAL-Bindings for Python
I have a serious probleme de visualse and test my code
I tired Geomview but no succes is there any other solution please ?

Kind regard
Linda

Re: CGAL-PYTHON Visualisation

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Let me quote CGAL 4.13 release notes:

A new function CGAL::draw() is added in the packages Polyhedral Surface,
Surface Mesh, Linear Cell Complex, 2D Triangulations, and 3D
Triangulations, enabling to draw the corresponding data structures.

Have you tried that already?

Sebastien

On 01/16/2019 08:14 PM, linda wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm a beginner on CGAL I use CGAL-Bindings for Python
> I have a serious probleme de visualse and test my code
> I tired Geomview but no succes is there any other solution please ?
>
> Kind regard
> Linda

Re: CGAL-PYTHON Visualisation

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:26:57 AM CET Sebastien Loriot
(GeometryFactory) wrote:
> Let me quote CGAL 4.13 release notes:
>
> A new function CGAL::draw() is added in the packages Polyhedral Surface,
> Surface Mesh, Linear Cell Complex, 2D Triangulations, and 3D
> Triangulations, enabling to draw the corresponding data structures.

But that function is not available using Python, is it?

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Re: CGAL-PYTHON Visualisation

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Right, but I understood that the issue was about visualization (AFAIK
geomview is not available using Python either).

Sebastien.

On 02/05/2019 10:01 AM, Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory) wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:26:57 AM CET Sebastien Loriot
> (GeometryFactory) wrote:
>> Let me quote CGAL 4.13 release notes:
>>
>> A new function CGAL::draw() is added in the packages Polyhedral Surface,
>> Surface Mesh, Linear Cell Complex, 2D Triangulations, and 3D
>> Triangulations, enabling to draw the corresponding data structures.
>
> But that function is not available using Python, is it?

Re: CGAL-PYTHON Visualisation

Marc Alexa
Dear all,

I wanted to mention that I find the most convenient way to visualize triangles and tetrehedra generated with CGAL is libigl ( https://libigl.github.io ). The reason is that libigl’s cmake files automatically install whatever is needed from CGAL and make sure everything links nicely (at the expense of wasting some space, but I’m happy to tolerate this). I usually wrangle for hours with QT.

I am mentioning this in the context of this thread because libigl also has python bindings. I am not using any python bindings, so I cannot say how difficult it would be to make a python-only approach work with libigl/CGAL, but it might be worth a try. In any case, it would be useful if somebody with the relevant knowledge would look into this — it would make CGAL plus visualization accessible to those who are not interested in diving into C++ template hell.

Best,
Marc