Barycentric Coordinates

Julia Fischer
Hi

does CGAL support  barycenter coordinates to locate points on a surface?

mesh.txt (63K) Download Attachment

Re: Barycentric Coordinates

Daniel Duque
Hi Julia,

I have implemented those myself. In my case, I had function values defined on the nodes on a Delaunay triangulation. I compute a
linear interpolation for any point through a locate() procedure, to get the face. Then, it's quite simple to compute the barycentric
coordinates for the three vertices and build an approximation. It's here, but my code is very specific, and quite hard to understand:

Best,

Daniel

On 5 March 2017 at 22:49, Julia Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

does CGAL support  barycenter coordinates to locate points on a surface?

Re: Barycentric Coordinates

Julia Fischer
Dear Daniel

Thanks for your answer !  it is exactly was I was looking for ...

Cheers
Julia

On 6 March 2017 at 18:01, Daniel Duque <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Julia,

I have implemented those myself. In my case, I had function values defined on the nodes on a Delaunay triangulation. I compute a
linear interpolation for any point through a locate() procedure, to get the face. Then, it's quite simple to compute the barycentric
coordinates for the three vertices and build an approximation. It's here, but my code is very specific, and quite hard to understand:

Best,

Daniel

On 5 March 2017 at 22:49, Julia Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

does CGAL support  barycenter coordinates to locate points on a surface?

Tmesh.tar.gz (23K) Download Attachment