Adding new "cgal" code to cgal 4.13

Dr01TSPC
I located (web search) a CGAL program that is of interest:
manifoldness_repair_example.cpp.

The url at which I found the program indicates that it will be in 4.14.
I found the program on github, under Polygon_mesh_processing.

I copied the code into my CGAL4.13/examples/Polygon_mesh_processing
directory. After some
trial and error and manual editing, I am pretty sure I got a legitimate
"build list" that includes
the above program.

The program does not compile, because (at least)
"is_non_manifold_vertex" is not a member of PMP.
and
"output_iterator" is not a member of NP.

I assume that is due to "membership changes" between 4.13 and 4.14.

Is there a recommended way to use such code?
Would downloading a more recent copy of 4.13 work?
Is 4.14 ready to install and test?
(And I hope install would be like installing a release version.)

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Adding new "cgal" code to cgal 4.13

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
You can use the master branch of CGAL:
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/

Check out the doc for how to use a checkout of CGAL here:
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/blob/master/INSTALL.md

Sebastien.

On 01/28/2019 05:22 AM, Dr01TSPC wrote:

> I located (web search) a CGAL program that is of interest:
> manifoldness_repair_example.cpp.
>
> The url at which I found the program indicates that it will be in 4.14.
> I found the program on github, under Polygon_mesh_processing.
>
> I copied the code into my CGAL4.13/examples/Polygon_mesh_processing
> directory. After some
> trial and error and manual editing, I am pretty sure I got a legitimate
> "build list" that includes
> the above program.
>
> The program does not compile, because (at least)
> "is_non_manifold_vertex" is not a member of PMP.
> and
> "output_iterator" is not a member of NP.
>
> I assume that is due to "membership changes" between 4.13 and 4.14.
>
> Is there a recommended way to use such code?
> Would downloading a more recent copy of 4.13 work?
> Is 4.14 ready to install and test?
> (And I hope install would be like installing a release version.)
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Re: Adding new "cgal" code to cgal 4.13

MaelRL

Downloading a newer version of CGAL-4.13 will not help: these functions
are entirely new and newer releases of 4.13 are only bug fix releases.
The simpler would be to check out CGAL's master branch on github
(https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/tree/master).

If you want to cherry pick exactly what you need for just this function
to work without checking out master, you can try to extract the headers
from the Polygon_mesh_processing package (for new functions such as
'is_non_manifold_vertex') and the BGL package (for new named parameters
such as 'output_iterator').

Finally, a beta release for CGAL v4.14 will be out 'soon' (as in, in the
upcoming weeks).

Best,
Mael

On 28/01/2019 05:22, Dr01TSPC wrote:

> I located (web search) a CGAL program that is of interest:
> manifoldness_repair_example.cpp.
>
> The url at which I found the program indicates that it will be in 4.14.
> I found the program on github, under Polygon_mesh_processing.
>
> I copied the code into my CGAL4.13/examples/Polygon_mesh_processing
> directory. After some
> trial and error and manual editing, I am pretty sure I got a legitimate
> "build list" that includes
> the above program.
>
> The program does not compile, because (at least)
> "is_non_manifold_vertex" is not a member of PMP.
> and
> "output_iterator" is not a member of NP.
>
> I assume that is due to "membership changes" between 4.13 and 4.14.
>
> Is there a recommended way to use such code?
> Would downloading a more recent copy of 4.13 work?
> Is 4.14 ready to install and test?
> (And I hope install would be like installing a release version.)
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Re: Adding new "cgal" code to cgal 4.13

Dr01TSPC
Roger.

I will have a look.

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Adding new "cgal" code to cgal 4.13

Dr01TSPC
Mael:

I think any/my attempt at cherry picking would lead to issues with using
other
programs in 4.13 (polygon and mesh), so I would build a separate
installation
in any case.

I will look into using the main branch on github. It will be a learning
experience.

Thanks,
Tim