Accessing subdomains from a multi-volume mesh generated from Mesh_complex_3_in_triangulation_3

Accessing subdomains from a multi-volume mesh generated from Mesh_complex_3_in_triangulation_3

Sapphri
Hi,

I have created a tetrahedral mesh from a labeled image, which has two
different labels (see image below).

I wish to export the surface of each separate mesh to a file. I understand
that c3t3 has /output_boundary_to_off/, but I am having trouble
understanding how to use the /subdomain / parameter to accomplish this.

  <http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376242/example_mesh.png>

If there's any specific documentation for this, please let me know.

Thank you!

Re: Accessing subdomains from a multi-volume mesh generated from Mesh_complex_3_in_triangulation_3

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
As documented here:

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Mesh_3/classCGAL_1_1Labeled__mesh__domain__3.html

Subdomain_index is an int in this case.

So if you know which int you used in your labeled image, then simply do
two calls to output_boundary_to_off with those two values.

On 8/25/20 7:57 PM, Sapphri ([hidden email] via cgal-discuss Mailing
List) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a tetrahedral mesh from a labeled image, which has two
> different labels (see image below).
>
> I wish to export the surface of each separate mesh to a file. I understand
> that c3t3 has /output_boundary_to_off/, but I am having trouble
> understanding how to use the /subdomain / parameter to accomplish this.
>
>    <http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376242/example_mesh.png>
>
> If there's any specific documentation for this, please let me know.
>
> Thank you!

Re: Accessing subdomains from a multi-volume mesh generated from Mesh_complex_3_in_triangulation_3

Sapphri
Thank you! I misinterpreted and thought I had to collect each subdomain cell.