About Medial Axis Transform contributing

About Medial Axis Transform contributing

Jia Bill
I'm working on Q-MAT which stands for computing Medial Axis Transform (MAT) by Quadratic Error Minimization, an efficient way to calculate MAT. For detail, check here: http://cgcad.thss.tsinghua.edu.cn/wangbin/qmat/qmat.html

Is this valuable and effective enough to contribute it into the CGAL repo. Also does it break the design goals if I use some of the algorithms already in the CGAL?

I'm really new in contributing to such a well-known repo, so all suggestions are welcomed, especially about what I should do next.

发自网易邮箱大师

Re: About Medial Axis Transform contributing

Efi Fogel
I'll answer shortly, but I think that someone closer to the topic should be involved.
At first glance I don't see a reason why this cannot be added to CGAL, but perhaps one of you guys do.

   ____  _        ____             _
  /_____/_) o    /__________  __  //
 (____ (   (    (    (_/ (_/-(-'_(/
                         _/

On 16 January 2018 at 15:09, Jia Bill <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm working on Q-MAT which stands for computing Medial Axis Transform (MAT) by Quadratic Error Minimization, an efficient way to calculate MAT. For detail, check here: http://cgcad.thss.tsinghua.edu.cn/wangbin/qmat/qmat.html

Is this valuable and effective enough to contribute it into the CGAL repo. Also does it break the design goals if I use some of the algorithms already in the CGAL?

I'm really new in contributing to such a well-known repo, so all suggestions are welcomed, especially about what I should do next.

发自网易邮箱大师

Re: About Medial Axis Transform contributing

Stefan S.
Any update on your implementation of Q-MAT?

I'd be interested in seeing that as part of CGAL.

Jia Bill wrote