AABB Tree

Yifang Zhao

Could anyone tell me what the hint parameter means in function AABB_Tree.closest_point(const Point& query,

                      const Point& hint)?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: AABB Tree

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
It is any point on the set of primitives. It is used to find the closest
point. If you don't specify one an internal kd-tree will be built with
the points of the primitives and the nearest neighbor will be used as
hint.

Sebastien.