3D Mesh Generation: Strategy to I use it for 2D meshes?

3D Mesh Generation: Strategy to I use it for 2D meshes?

Michael Bieri
Hello everyone,

I'm using the 3D Mesh Generation to for meshing of 3D segmented image data. Now, for debugging/verification purposes, I'd also like to create 2D meshes. I'm looking for a good strategy on how to use my existing 3D meshing pipeline for 2D meshes with minimal modifications.

Currently, it does the following:
- Loading/simulated generation of the 3D image, with several regions and with a size field. Could be easily modified to create a 2D image or as pseudo-3D image of stacked 2D images or whatever.
- Generation of the mesh with 3D Mesh Generation, very similar to the liver example (3.4).

Michael