Quantcast

2D mesh from segmented image

Martin Genet
Dear all:

I'm getting confused: can I take a segmented 2D image and create a
conform 2D mesh using CGAL? If yes, is there an example somewhere?
Thanks so much!

Martin

Re: 2D mesh from segmented image

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
On 01/20/2017 01:49 PM, Martin Genet wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I'm getting confused: can I take a segmented 2D image and create a
> conform 2D mesh using CGAL? If yes, is there an example somewhere?
> Thanks so much!
>
> Martin

Do you know how to extract polygonal domains from the segmented image?

On 20/01/2017 13:55, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) wrote:

> On 01/20/2017 01:49 PM, Martin Genet wrote:
>> Dear all:
>>
>> I'm getting confused: can I take a segmented 2D image and create a
>> conform 2D mesh using CGAL? If yes, is there an example somewhere?
>> Thanks so much!
>>
>> Martin
>>

> Do you know how to extract polygonal domains from the segmented image?
>
> Sebastien.

Thanks so much for your help! No, right now I just have my image,
nothing more. Can I extract polygonal domains using CGAL? Can I then
mesh it? Thanks again.

Martin

Re: 2D mesh from segmented image

LingjieZhu
Martin Genet wrote
Dear all:

I'm getting confused: can I take a segmented 2D image and create a
conform 2D mesh using CGAL? If yes, is there an example somewhere?
Thanks so much!

Martin

Hi, Martin

I used to have a similar problem. I don't think CGAL is specialized to deal with images, some third party libraries may help you out like contour detection in OpenCV.

Andrew

Re: 2D mesh from segmented image

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
Le Friday, January 20, 2017 1:49:54 PM CET Martin Genet a écrit :
> Dear all:
>
> I'm getting confused: can I take a segmented 2D image and create a
> conform 2D mesh using CGAL? If yes, is there an example somewhere?
> Thanks so much!

Unfortunately no. That feature exists only with 3D images and 3D meshes, in
CGAL.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/