2D Alpha shape: built-in function for medial axis?

2D Alpha shape: built-in function for medial axis?

zhanxucong

Hi there,

I am working with 2D Alpha shape using CGAL at the moment and I want to “trim” my alpha shape so that its boundary will look better in some sense (straighter, smoother, etc.). In order to do that I would like to try the method of medial axis but I had a hard time figuring out the suitable data structure for medial axis.

So I now turn to this user mailing list for help. Are there built-in functions within CGAL for computing medial axis? Any help or suggestions are truly appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,

ZHAN, Xucong